Thursday, May 14, 2009

Baby Collin has arrived!



WOW! The past week has been super crazy and I'm still not seeing an end to all the excitement. On Sunday, May 10th, 2009 I finally gave birth to my beautiful son Collin. He weighed in at 7lbs 11oz. He's 19 inches long and only has one kidney. I was told from the beginning that things might be rough once he was born, but I never thought it would be like this.

I've been in the hospital since Friday the 8th at around 2:30 pm not knowing I was going to be induced that day. It was a very long labor, 34 1/2 hours to be exact. I spent most of my labor walking the hospital and watching the clock. I honestly thought it would never happen. Thing started getting intense late saturday evening and was finally given an epidural later that evening. I slept through the night and then it all started to happen. Early Sunday morning I started having back labor due to Collin turning during the night and was given more epidural to help ease the pain. A few hours later, with the assistance of a vacuum, Collin was finally born. I was so relieved!
On day two of Collin's life he was taken in for tests to check his kidney function and to make sure all of his other vital organs were performing properly. We found out that he had a concentrated amount of acid in his system and is taking medication for that along with an iv for extra fluids. It was also announced today that he has a bladder infection and is now on two antibiotics to balance that out as well. If all tests come back positive, we may finally be able to leave the hospital on Sunday or Monday. I don't know how long they'll have a room for me, but I'm hoping against all hopes that I will be able to stay with Collin during his time in the ICN (Intermediate Care Nursery). Here are a few pictures.




Love ya,

Marggie and Collin

No comments: